Reading a friend’s pregnancy updates prompted me to search through my post drafts that I never published… I found this gem from April of this year and had to share 🙂
From the moment you pee on the stick you start second guessing everything. Everything you eat, everything you drink, every place you go, the cars you drive. Is this safe? Is that too much? What can I take for this? Should I be running? and the list goes on. and on. and on. and on. Having been through this before had absolutely no effect on me this time. It all feels brand new again. Pregnancy amnesia is for real y’all.
From the second guessing phase you progress to the, “why don’t I look pregnant yet?” stage. This was a very short stage for me this time around, as I found myself quickly migrating to the “none of my clothes freakin’ fit anymore and I’m hungry all the time.” stage. From here I eventually found myself in the “holy crap it’s the 3rd trimester already” stage and I’ve been there for what seems like forever. Luckily, there’s no time for boredom as this stage has stages of crazy within itself. I’m now past my due date and more crazy than I ever thought possible. Here are just a few things I find myself thinking on a daily basis…
- How am I supposed to exercise this baby out when I can’t even walk without my achilles tendon feeling like someone is holding a lighter to it.
- What to wear today..? I have 2 shirts that fit, and I refuse to buy a larger size.
- Do the laundry? Nearly impossible as I am pretty much guaranteed to need to sit down midway through loading the darn washer.
- How am I supposed to relax? I don’t want to sit all day long, I feel like a lazy cow.
- I can’t walk too much because it’s painful. When I do muster up the strength to walk for hours on end..I’d better make sure there’s a restroom nearby.
- Are those new stretchmarks? Are you freaking kidding me!?!
- It can’t be a good sign that my Dr said “Good luck, that’s a big baby!” right?
- Why are my hands numb and tingling?
- Did that lady just give me sad eyes? She must have had a large baby and/or been over due at some point in life.
- How is it possible that I’m still pregnant?
- Could my feet and cankles BE anymore swollen? (sidenote: I really miss F•R•I•E•N•D•S)
- What was that? Does that mean I’ll be in labor soon? After many hours of googling I’ve discovered absolutely nothing means a thing.
- Maybe if I google symptoms enough I’ll miraculously be in active labor?
- How can you be in “false labor” twice? Not cool, body.
- How is it possible for your bones to ache from pregnancy? Do I have the flu or am I just pregnant?
- Why is my 4 year old jumping on the..? Ehh pick your battles.