Some of you may have been following my blog long enough to read about my numerous attempts at finding the perfect foundation makeup. I’ve tried ‘em all…
- Mac StudioFix – blog here
- HD Makeup Forever
- TEMPTU Airbrush System – Blog Here
- Mary Kay
- Bare Minerals
and, sadly, the list goes on..
But, today, I bring GOOD news! I have found a combination that works perfectly for me. Notice I say for me, because everyone’s skin is so different. I believe in this makeup so much even after a few days, however, that I 100% recommend trying it to everyone looking for the perfect foundation. Here is my checklist for the perfect foundation:
- color must match perfectly – check
- coverage must be buildable and remain natural looking – check
- price must not be crazy – check
- must not break my skin out – check
- spf – check (I normally stay away from it because I’m prone to breakouts, but this one does not break me out yay!)
This all started when I discovered while face timing with my Sister, that my TEMPTU makeup turned white if I accidentally touched my face. For that much money, that stuff better be absolutely perfect. While the TEMPTU was pretty neat, here are the factors that led to it’s demise…
- I travel a lot, and the big ‘ol machine and pods were cumbersome.
- I accidentally touch my face and it turns white.
- You cannot simply touch up with TEMPTU as it requires an entire new layer of makeup it seems in order for it to look even.
- I missed having the flexibility of using a foundation brush to build in certain areas, if I tried using my fingers to even out the TEMPTU when I messed up it would turn white.
- Pods were $45 a piece and I went through them fast.
So, naturally, I turned to my Big Sister for help. She recommended I try Benefit’s powder “Hello Flawless.” And like a good puppet of a little Sister I went straight to Sephora. While there I saw Benefit also has a pretty highly rated foundation makeup, Hello Flawless “Oxygen Wow Brightening Makeup.” Wow. The pretty Benefit lady put the foundation on my broken out face (stress breakout, 10 year reunion) and I was amazed. It felt amazing, it covered everything without looking caked on. Wow. I want to swim in this foundation. To make things even better, the powder my Sister recommended works like a charm with the foundation. After applying foundation, while it’s still a little dewy, use the powder with the sponge and press it into your foundation for a matte finish. It’s amazing. Truly. If you are a makeup junky like myself this is like finding the holy grail of foundation.
So, after years of searching, I have finally found the perfect system for me. It is as follows…
(before buying, google around for the best price. QVC usually has great deals on Clarisonic and Philosophy products bundled)
Philosophy Purity Face Wash at night
Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash with Clarisonic in the shower
Philosophy Hope in a Jar Moisturizer after washing, and before makeup primer
Philosophy Miracle Worker Eye Cream (Morning & Night)
HD Makeup Forever Foundation Primer (Or Urban Decay Potion)
Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Brightening Makeup in “Honey (I’m so Money)” hehehe
Benefit Hello Flawless Custom Powder Cover-Up, also in Honey.
To date, the Clarisonic remains my all time favorite purchase. It has made all the difference with my complexion and was worth every single penny. It allows all of your other products to penetrate the skin, gets rid of dead skin and bacteria that causes breakouts and leaves you looking fresh and glowing every single day without tearing up your skin.
So, there you have it. My big fat makeup and skincare post with my new favorite products. I hope this is helpful for those of you who are still on the hunt