A friend of ours had us over for dinner and made this delicious dish. Needless to say I had to have the recipe. She’s one of those that just naturally knows how to throw things together and have it all work perfectly. I am not one of those. I need a recipe to follow 🙂 This recipe is derived from what she remembered putting in the dish and what I was able to collaborate from googling various renditions of this recipe. The version below is perfect for a family of 4 with minimal to zero leftovers. Thank you, Katherine, for this new addition to our meal “rotation”!
- 7 ounces Uncooked Pasta
(I used Rigatoni, my fav)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
(I cooked mine in a skillet with garlic powder, sea salt, black pepper and onion powder)
- 1 cup creamy caesar salad dressing
(I used Ken’s)
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Diced Roasted Red Peppers
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 cups Caesar Croutons
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cook your chicken however you like. I diced mine up, seasoned with garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper then threw it in a skillet.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°
- Cook your pasta according to package directions.
- Combine all of your ingredients, minus the croutons and parmesan cheese, in a large bowl.
- Add your finished pasta.
- Pour your mixture into a 2 qt casserole dish, no need to grease it prior.
- Top your dish with croutons and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until your croutons are golden brown.
Serves about 3-4 people, depending on the people and how much those people eat.
Personally, I could eat half of this thing on a “hungry” day 🙂