What’s been working for my face Part 2

Oh my goodness. I cannot believe I’ve waited this long to share my new found obsession with y’all! Literally, my life is changed forever. I will never not use this amazing device again. I should preface this post with a disclaimer…This is most definitely not a paid advertisement, and I did not receive any free products. I wish I had! But I’m glad I spent the money, 100% worth it and then some!

First let me tell you how I came about discovering this amazing-ness. I am, of course, referring to the Clarisonic Skin Care Brush. I follow @GiulianaRancic on twitter (p.s. she totally tweeted me a few weeks back and I kinda freaked out and felt important for 30 seconds) and for the longest time she’s been raving about the DDF Revolve. I did some research, loved what I read and with my ongoing skin issues I finally broke down and went to Sephora to purchase the Revolve. When I arrived and asked my Sephora girl where the Revolve was she asked me why I wanted it. I said “duh because Giuliana Rancic says it works” :) I’m such a follower. Seriously, though, I told her it was because I’m tired of battling my uneven skintone and constant random breakouts. I’d read this would smooth my face and possibly help with breakouts. Sephora girl, now my new best friend, then explained to me that for the results I was seeking there was a much better option. She walked me over to the Clarisonic and held the DDF Revolve side by side with the Clarisonic. I really couldn’t believe the comparison, the revolve looked so cheaply made next to the Clarisonic. Also, it was not what I needed. The Clarisonic was everything I needed. Here’s what the box said:

Sonic Skin Cleansing improves skin tone, reduces the appearance of pore size and helps skin care products work their best.
The Clarisonic Skin Cleansing System uses a patented sonic frequency of more than 300 movements per second to clean, soften and smooth skin. In just 60 seconds, the micro-massage action removes 6X more makeup and 2X more dirt and oil than cleansing with your hands alone. Removing more dirt and oil from your pores also helps products work more effectively.

Awesome. I bought this right before we moved back to Hawaii, so it’s been 4 months, and my face has never looked or felt better. The combination of the Clarisonic and my new favorite facial products (below) have made me happier with my skin than I’ve ever been before.

If you’ve never heard or tried Philosophy products before I highly recommend giving them a go. My hesitation has always been changing products when my face is actually doing alright, but my face had gotten to the point where it was not doing alright and I was willing to try something new. Purity is so gentle, yet really cleans your face without drying. It also removes eye makeup completely. “When hope is not enough” has helped to even my skin tone tremendously. The best part is Philosophy products are, for the most part, all natural.

So, there you have it. What’s currently working for my face does not involve any sort of zit burning acne treatments or prescriptions that aren’t safe to use for long periods of time etc.. It’s mostly natural products and a brush that allows those products to work their best. I do still get breakouts here and there, but they’re different. They don’t last as long, and my face doesn’t look like a warzone. Rather, it looks like a pretty decent complexion/skin tone with a pimple. I’m not accustomed to that sort of balance, it’s always been really bad or pretty good. Here’s my routine…

Morning: Wash face with purity, apply when hope is not enough let dry, apply Obagi facial moisturizer (also amazing), makeup.

Evening: Wash face with purity & Clarisonic, apply when hope is not enough let dry, apply Obagi facial moisturizer, sleep :)

The same amazing friend that informed me of the WEN deal on QVC also informed me of a deal on the Clarisonic which includes Philosophy products. Definitely check that out for the best price :) Thank you Brandy! ♥
Everyone’s skin is different, hopefully this will be helpful to some of you!
Do you already have an established routine? What do you use for your face? What works, and what definitely doesn’t?

Comments

Chrystine Wilder says

I have a Clarisonic too! I met the rep and she hooked me up with a free one and some sample washes. I’m not gonna lie- pretty excited about it!

Just looked it up to find a stockist in Australia. Super expensive
    The Clarisonic Classic
    $329 | 2 Speeds

The Clarisonic PLUS
    $369 | 3 Speeds

and $42 for the purity cleanser

gotta start saving up for it to try it out.

it’s no wonder most australians shop online thus causing a lot of retails stores to shut down lately. just too darn expensive!

glad you found what’s working for you. hooraay! :)

xox
    Angela

Eek that is expensive! It’s $195 for the clarisonic on QVC: http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A74151.desc.Clarisonic-Facial-Cleansing-System?&cookie=set

It was $213 for the philosophy clarisonic combo, they’ll probably run the deal again soon though. Here’s the link for that one: http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A216079.desc.Clarisonic-PLUS-philosophy-Spring-into-SkincareCollection

Thanks for the link Lindsey but the power supply is different in Australia. We use 220v and the US uses 110volts.

oh why do they make things so difficult?! #wannaliveintheUSagain (for the purpose of cheap shopping lol)

Megan says

Hi Angela! I’m an Aussie living in the States…..I have a friend in Perth that bought the Clarisonic from a website over here (www.kissandmakeupny.com – they have flat rate $9.95 shipping to Oz) and you are able to use it with 240 volts. You will not need a power converter, just an adapter plug. Just wanted to share, hope this helps! :)

I hear ya! Since being stationed in Hawaii I’ve been missing my little inexpensive shops I’m accustom to. Instead I have to shop online and pay outrageous shipping fees lol. I’m ready to move back to the main land and do the majority of my shopping in person again :)

Nickole says

HI, good info. I have been thinking about getting one. My friend has a brush, not sure of the brand, but she loves it!
    Too weird, I just read your blog this morning and then this afternoon, I got my mail…and in my brand new “Health” magaizine (Oct. 2010) on page 26 it gives a review of the Clarisonice Mia Sonic Skin Cleansing System. It says $119 at Sephora. How funny.
    Thanks for all your great bloggin. I love it!
    Nickole

Kacie says

I’m super glad to read your review. I still get random breakouts (at 34) and am willing to try anything! Sephora tried to sell me on it, but that’s a lot of money to sock out at once. I think I’ll start saving for it! Thanks!

Chrystine Wilder says

OMG! I had no idea how lucky I was to get it from the rep! Wow! For a fleeting second I just thought about eBay, but I’m going to keep it and give it a whirl because of the rave reviews! :)

Thank you so much for your review. I have been suffering from acne as well as acne scars since I was 13. Now that I am 26 I have struggled to find something worth while to help my skin and boost self confidence. I will be saving to try this product and cannot wait to see what happens. Thanks for all of your quality posts.

I believe they have a money back guarantee so it’s definitely worth a shot. (check into that though, I could be wrong?) It’s like a little touch of the spa at home each evening for me, makes me feel like I’m pampering myself. My face feels so much healthier, even with breakouts here and there.

Daisy says

I cant really afford the Purity and the Clarisonic, or anything..any suggestions on a cleanser that is good for sensitive dry skin? I have dry patches on my face from the stuff Im using now, its horrible! Any ideas?

Lori Gooch says

Hey girl! I just ordered the mia one(the smaller one cause it was cheaper) I really hope it works! i also ordered the purity stuff too! i have been getting adult acne which I hate so Im gonna try it!!

This combo is still working for me perfectly. I hope it works for you as well, it’s been a lifesaver :) Another amazing addition is to add the Philosophy micro delivery exfoliator. I use that with the Clarisonic in the shower now, and purity before bed. I love it :)

Cindy says

Not sure how I ended up on your website but I’m addicted now. I’m in the military, which makes me like you even more =) Thanks for all the time you put into this. I’m hooked!!!

Trackbacks