Reader Recipes is a new thing we’re doing ’round here . I receive some amazingly delicious recipes via email from time to time and decided to start featuring them here on the site so you can all benefit from one another’s creativity in the kitchen. Today we have a recipe from Victoria Munoz.
A little about me is that I am a navy wife of 7 years, married to my high school sweetheart, and mom to a beautiful 4 year old girl. We live in Oceanside, CA on board Camp Pendleton. We are in the navy but we are supporting the marines. I’ve survived 3 deployments while my husband was in Japan, 1 to Kuwait and 2 to Afghanistan. Right now I cook a lot because we are enjoying time with my husband home for a while. I love new ideas of things to try. I wish I knew how to use our grill.
- 4 chicken breasts (I usually only use 2 because it makes a lot)
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4c water
- 8oz. fresh green beans trimmed (I just use half a can)
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper chopped
- 2 medium roma tomatoes quartered
- italian dressing
- 1/3 box rigatoni pasta
- 1/8 cup of butter
- parmasan cheese to taste
What you will need:
- Cook bacon over medium heat until crispy.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with garlic salt and pepper. I usually cut the chicken up with kitchen shears.
- Meanwhile boil water and cook pasta
- Cook chicken until browned and no longer pink.
- Add water, green beans and bell pepper to skillet, cover and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes stirring occasionally.
- While that is cooking you can drain your pasta and mix in the butter and parmesan cheese.
- Then mix in the pasta, tomatoes and italian dressing at the very end because you want your tomatoes to stay crispy. I’d say about a half cup of italian dressing.
This looks delicious, thank you for sharing Victoria!