Berry Protein Shake Recipe

This delicious little recipe comes from my brother-in-law, the strength coach, Levi. Maybe I can convince him to post more on nutrition in the future, but for now I’m totally sharing his top secret protein shake recipe :)

Ingredients:

7 ice cubes
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup oats
1 heaping spoonful protein powder
1 packet of Truvia for sweetness (optional)
1 cup of fruit (I do half blueberries half strawberries)

If your fruit is frozen, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator or pop it in the microwave for 30-50 seconds.

Start putting your ingredients into the blender, here’s the order I’ve found easiest for the blender to process:

• fruit
  • water
  • ice cubes
  • protein powder
  • oats
  • truvia

When I have one of these for breakfast I get a nice little burst of energy to carry me through to the afternoon, and as an added bonus this thing is seriously good!

Comments

Candace says

This looks yummy to my tummy! I’m sooo trying this! And I’m gonna share it with “the work girls”.

This looks really good – I’m going to try it, too. I’ve never heard of adding oatmeal! And thanks for suggesting the order to put the ingredients in the blender, sometimes that makes all the difference. Great photos!

Margaux says

Hmmm…I haven’t heard of the oatmeal either. I’ll have to try it. Thanks for sharing!

I agree-good photos! That nail polish is cute!

AmyH says

Can you tell me the nutritional values for this shake? Just starting my research for protein shakes and picking ones that fall into my nutrish outline. Thanks!

You can, but they don’t taste as creamy as when you first make them. They don’t taste badly, but as they defrost they are more “grainy” in texture :)

Hey are using WordPress for your site platform? I’m new to the blog world but I’m trying to get started and set up my own.
    Do you need any coding knowledge to make your own blog?
    Any help would be really appreciated!