When the weather starts to get a little warmer I immediately start thinking about what needs to be thrown away. I despise clutter and love to organize, re-organize and then organize a little more. I also like to do a thorough cleaning every now and then, but especially as the seasons change. Since getting the house in order can be quite a task, I’ll post these in installments. The first task we’ll cover is, clutter.
- Donate items that are gently used and you aren’t using at least once a week.
- Throw away anything that can’t be donated.
- Go through your filing cabinet and dispose of outdated paperwork, or documents that are digitally archived. (this is probably about 80% of your paperwork nowadays)
- Clean out your craft bins.
- Clean out magazines, buy magazine organizers for the ones you’d like to keep.
- Organize your desk area.
- Arrange everything in your kitchen cabinets to be most efficient, donate anything you don’t use.
- Clean out your closets and organize by type of clothing (tank tops, short sleeves, long sleeves, dresses, pants etc…) Donate gently used clothing and shoes.
- Clean out from underneath beds and donate or throw away.
- Tackle the garage clutter that may have accumulated over the winter.
- Clean out bathroom cabinets, dispose of almost empty products and organize tallest in the back/shortest bottles in the front. Coil your appliance wires and secure with rubber bands.
- And, lastly, take care of those “junk drawers” around the house.
Start with getting rid of the clutter
Basically you eliminate any and ALL clutter this week and organize the stuff you keep. Every single thing in your home should have a place. If you can’t find a place for it, it’s time for it to go find a new home. We all enjoy our days more when we come home to a clean/organized home. So get to throwing stuff away this week 🙂 Make sure you’ve got everything organized so we can start deep cleaning next Monday!