I’ve long been a user of Bare Minerals and absolutely loved their foundation. I still recommend it for people who don’t have scars or acne to cover, it really is a great product it just doesn’t cover very well. I do not, however, recommend their new matte finish foundation. I tried it out last month, and it goes on smooth but looks splotchy in the sunlight. It’s almost as though if you barely touch your face the makeup is removed.
As I think I may have mentioned, a few times now, I have some acne issues to deal with as of late and was forced to change foundation makeup. I’m now in love with MAC Studio Fix Foundation and pressed powder! It seems to cover just about anything and everything, and what it doesn’t cover their studio sculpt concealer does. The brush I bought to apply my foundation is pretty amazing as well. It works for both liquid foundation and powder. I prefer to wear as little makeup as possible, and with their concealer I’m able to do just that. Their foundation makeup goes on perfectly smooth and they have so many shades that finding a perfect match for your skin tone is a piece of cake. Here’s what I currently use and love 🙂
MAC 187 Duo Fibre Brush
This bad boy can be used for both liquid and powder foundation. After applying your liquid foundation, dust excess off and use to apply your powder.
The order of things and how I use them:
- Apply Studio Fix Foundation with aforementioned awesome brush.
- Dust on blush (using a blush brush) starting below the ball of your cheek and sweeping upward toward ear, a little bit of blush goes a long way.
- Use bare minerals warmth to frame your face and narrow certain features. I apply it around the edges of my face and right underneath my blush, then on the sides of my nose to slim the infamous “nose ball” our entire family was blessed with… 😉 Use this sparingly as well, it’s pretty dark and you only need a tiny little bit.
- Apply Iridescent powder to the top of cheek bone and above end of eyebrows. Only a little bit and in this place or you’ll look like you’re sweating 🙂
- Dust your mineralize pressed powder over entire face.
If you’re in a foundation rut I recommend making an appointment at your nearest MAC counter. Those girls know what they’re doing and use some of the best products available. Some of their products are a little pricey, but if you’re going to splurge on something why not beauty products, right? That’s my philosophy anyway 🙂