This recipe is quick, simple and comforting. It only takes a few minutes to throw together, it’s filling and delicious. Even if you think you don’t like tomato soup, I think you’ll love this ♥ Goes perfectly with grilled cheese sandwiches.
8 oz. tomato sauce
4 oz. heavy whipping cream
2 Tbs. Butter
2 Tbs. All Purpose Flour
1/4 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese, grated.
4 oz. water
- Melt your butter in a medium size sauce pan and add your flour, combining until you have a flour/butter ball. Otherwise known as a roux.
Roux: equal parts flour and butter. Where gravy comes from :)
- Pour your can of tomato sauce into the pan and whisk until combined.
- Add your water.
- Add your heavy cream, continue to whisk it all together so it’s smooth.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Throw your grated cheese on top.